Monday, June 28, 2010

My Birthday in Kenya



Spent a great birthday in the Kenyan bush with the research team. Sampled the people from 2 homesteads and the cattle at 1 of those homesteads.

So no update over the weekend, mostly cause I didn't do much other than read, write and watch football... So far in the World Cup Round of 16, I have picked South Korea, USA, England, Mexico and the Netherlands... Finally this evening one of those teams managed to pull off a win!! Sadly of the 5 teams, its the one that I care the least about... I think some of the people around here got a kick over the weekend out of watching as every one of my teams went down... Now they are all praying that I don't throw my support behind Ghana!!

So speaking of my birthday, my little birthday gift to myself is going to come this weekend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_nakuru#Lake_Nakuru_National_Park I am incredibly excited! Leopards, lions, white & black rhinos, cheetahs, giraffes and tens of thousands of flamingos... If I only see 4 of those species I would still be incredibly happy. There is also an abundance of birds and of all sorts of other animals. So anyways thats my plan for this weekend... A great deal more peril than two weekends ago when marauding monkeys would have been my only worry!!

Anyways, its been a long day, but feel free to shoot me an e-mail (bmoulder43@yahoo.com) to keep me in the loop of what is happening in your neck of the woods!!

1 comment:

  1. Take lots of pictures of youru birthday present to yourself! Carter and I want to see them. Glad you're having a good time in Kenya!

    ReplyDelete