Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Caught -up FINALLY!!

So with tonite's entry I am finally back up-to-date. Its so weird for me not to have internet access at the house. Makes it harder than it already is to communicate with you all than it would be otherwise!

Anyways, today we were out looking for pigs at the slaughter slabs again after we dropped the human medical part of our team off at a homestead location that didn't have any animals(in fact by some strange 'luck' all the homesteads scheduled this week lack animals!). So while they were working we hacked through some trails to one slaughter location, where we were told that there was a pig to be slaughtered. However, upon arrival we find out that the owner has had a few drinks(or something) and the animal that they have to slaughter is in fact, a goat... No good.

So we drove back to the location and met up with the human team. While there one of the village elders kept trying to convince one of the team members to let him have their phone. And told the team member that the boss (me), should buy him a better one anyways... Luckily no one went for it. That was before he told me that if I wanted, I could take a wife from his village. It would only cost me 12 cattle and 5 goats... After I initially said 'no, thanks' he told me not to worry, that I could pay over time. Perhaps a few cattle and a goat each month... He had it all worked out.

Well my ride is heading back to the project house and since its been a long day, I may pass out watching World Cup on the couch again. And I will take the African view on picking a team.... GO MEXICO.

No comments:

Post a Comment