Tuesday, June 15, 2010

How 'bout that ride in?

So I have made it to Busia, the place I will be for the next 6 weeks. But only to the office so far. Its a busy day today since we go out into the field tomorrow and needed to get everything ready before heading out tomorrow. But I did get to cross the equator and they were kind enough to let me do the touristy thing and take a picture there!

I got to go to a couple of the local slaughter slabs to see what they were like while my supervisors were getting some stuff done and handling some business around the compound. Anyways, its kind of what I expected. Although I didn't expect to see a 4-5ft monitor lizard chilling out behind the first slab we visited!!

I'm interested to see what the project house is like. There are quite a few of us here working at least for this first week so it will be kind of crowded... Luckily, I'm exhausted so I could pass out anywhere they put me at this point!!

No comments:

Post a Comment