Friday, July 9, 2010

I had to say something...


Just when I went and said something about how the animal side of the project was going through a little lull in numbers... We did recruitment yesterday and after hiking through some swamps, brush and corn fields, we booked 20 cattle for next week. Two of the four homesteads we booked didn't have animals, and the other two had 7 and 13 respectively... Its gonna make for quite a busy Tuesday and Wednesday next week!! Just glad we ended up with those homesteads rather than the one where the local chief said that they owned 50-60!!

This morning we hit the slaughter slabs again and it was back to the place they call me Rooney... I wore my Man Utd jersey today just to drive home the point. Ended up sampling 3 pigs at that location and manage 5 more at some of the other local slabs. It was the best day of slab sampling that we have had yet and we still managed to get back to the lab for Friday morning tea!

I am heading off this weekend to the town of Kisumu. Its the town that we stopped in last weekend before we headed off to Nakuru. Since a couple of the people working on the project actually live down there on the weekends with their families, Fabrice and I decided to head that way with the benefit of having our friends as local 'guides'.

No comments:

Post a Comment