Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Almost Forgot...

I hate ANTS... alot. More than mosquitoes, tse tse flies and gigantic moths... combined.

I survive nearly 6 weeks with NO bug issues... then on the hike back from a homestead yesterday I tried to step lightly around a HUGE trail of ants that twisted across the path... Should have stomped the crap out of them!! I guess the hugeness of the main trail that I avoided masked the smaller trail that allowed several of the intrepid adventurers to start their own trail up my leg underneath my pants...

They had the decency to restrain themselves from biting into my flesh until we were in the Land Cruiser, completely buttressed on both sides by thorn bushes... That was when they launched their attack... I noticed the first one as it sunk its rather large pinchers into the base of my thumb... Then I realized that they were all up on my leg... I was able to calmly ask James to STOP THE VEHICLE as Fred who was sitting next to me began to explain that the ants preferred to bite... 'more sensitive areas'.... Only one thing in my mind at that point: SH*T!! I literally dove out of the vehicle and started swatting up and down my leg hoping to kill as many of them as quickly as I could before the ALL started biting!!

I managed to kill all of them but several had already latched on leaving a couple little welts... Nothing a little Benedryl can't fix... But all and all pretty funny, with me throwing myself through scrubby sticker bushes out back of the Land Cruiser while the team stared out the back not sure if it was alright to laugh or not... It was.

No comments:

Post a Comment