Wednesday, July 21, 2010

6 pigs, 4 Cattle and

17 more cattle tomorrow down in the swamp!

From Sunday's Nyama Choma

Its looking like I'm gonna manage to keep myself pretty busy right until I get on the plane here in Kenya. I guess the one good thing about having a trip home that doesn't start til 630pm, is that I can still manage to fit in a half day in the field and an hour in the office to fill in any missing data!

I am racking my brain to try to find a way to get back to here (or elsewhere in Africa) again at some point. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and I would absolutely love to do some more in depth work here.

But meeting the people I have met here have also made me want to go see other parts of Africa too... They say some places are 'in the same Africa, but on a different planet.' The adviser of the grad student that I am working with just returned from a conference in Tunis, Tunisia... Sounded like a totally different and interesting place, actually all of North Africa sounds like such a mix of people, cultures, styles... As does West Africa... But I guess I have to find a 'job' at some point after I graduate too!! Keeping my fingers crossed I can find something that 1) I will enjoy and 2) that might allow me the chance to do something 'crazy,' like Veterinary Medicine in some far flung, less seen places on this planet!

As I sit and contemplate my time in Kenya, my mind is putting logs on the fire in my mind that fuels a desire to see the rest of the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment