Thursday, October 7, 2010

I promise to visit more often then leave for a month...

So it seems that I finished the last post saying that I was going to try to visit more often, then I go and disappear for a month... Yeah... My bad on that. I swear I posted something two weeks ago, but it seems to not have made it up here...

Anyways, this is a pretty busy week. Midterm week = midterm weak!! I realize that from now on most of my posts will mention me being busy or something about how busy its been down here, so I might just leave that as a given.

We found out that our vet school was granted an Official Visit by the AVMA COE, the group that accredits vet schools in the US. It would be a HUGE deal if we were able to secure their approval. We have made a lot of progress since the last time they visited and we have a student body and faculty that is ready to do what is needed to make it happen! Luckily, everyone realizes the *massive* and immediate impact the accreditation would have for us, so it will hopefully unite everyone in a common goal. So needless to say, I'm pretty excited for this coming April, but I acknowledge that the real work is truly about to begin!

The University football team, which I play on, starts the big national tournament a week from tomorrow. For a group of guys that practice once a week, we have a pretty decent shot of doing well and making it pretty deep into the tournament. But its tough against the local 'professional' teams, with them getting to play a regular season and practice during the week, while we have basically taken two weeks off for exams! And in a 36 team bracket, we of course drew the #2 team in the Grenadian Premiere League, with a possible second round match-up with the team the won the tournament last spring!! Looks like we kind of have the odds stacked against us... But no matter, underdogs aren't automatically out of it!

Should be a couple fun weeks. Will let y'all know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment